April 30, 2019

Miniature Shows Finds: #Paris #Miniature Project 11


I don't know about you, but I love looking at what other people buy and what they find at dollhouse shows. It's great finding your own stuff, of course, but admit it, it's fun peeking, too!--Chris

So for Day 11, Gigi is sharing her latest finds. (Click photos for full view.)


The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi Nephew's Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. 
(Click photo in left column to go to Day 1 or here - Day 1  - See last entry Day 10.)
 * Don't forget you can put your email in the subscribe to updates box under the Paris photo in left column also to let you know when a new post goes up.
Finds & Progress!

Happy last day of April! I'm so excited to share with you the treasures I found for my Paris Project with Chris this past weekend at the dollhouse shows!


As you can see from the picture above, I found quite a bit of beautiful items and kits, but I am the most excited on the LED lights I bought! 

All the lighting is from this very sweet lady Lisa Hicks from California who also has an online store (www.aweebitteeny.com).  

As you can see from the far left, there is a silver chandelier with white “candle” lights with two matching scone wall lights which will go in the second story living room. Next to them near the front are two black and white lights for the outside of the shop. On the right side of the chair is one gold swivel light that I can set on a store shelf or counter to accent an item.  Moving to the right is another beautiful silver chandelier that will go in the bedroom. Finally, all the way to the right is a light with three golden globes that also goes in the store. There are two matching smaller ones that are not shown that I need to adjust (which I got for a cheaper price). 

The adorable table with two chairs is also from Lisa Hicks.  Finally, there is a silver desk light next to the blue vases. I will be most definitely ordering some more items… like the outside street lamps on her site…. Oh, my how cute, you should check it out on her site!

As you may have noticed I bought more kits from www.artofmini.com which is a German vendor who also has an online store. I have shown some finished kits from her in the Day 6 blog. I'm especially excited about the store counter in the box on the right side. There was a finished one on display and it is so perfect for the store! As I finish these kits, I 'll be taking pictures and share them with you! 

The raw wood shelving with the mirror behind it I also got from Lisa Hicks and I am thinking of putting this on top of the counter… I have lots of ideas swirling in my head.
I also got some box kits, maps and other paper products from Looking Glass Miniatures.  Other items I bought from various vendors are a white arm chair, a Paris pillow, gold ornate picture frames, two different blue glass vases, a silver radiator, gold serving platters, and a realistic skull.  Yes, a skull for the shop… You'll  just have to wait and see what I plan on doing with that one.

I did find some other items, but they are for other projects. Chris and I had so much fun!  Please visit her blog on our visit.  There were many items that are quite exquisite, but oh my… the prices.  There was one glass vase, very detailed that had price tag of $1,450 US…needless to say, I quickly stepped back not to even remotely touch the table…yikes! My entire Paris Project will not be that much!  The one show, although Chris and I found some of favorite vendors, was mostly for the collectors.


I did get the wallpaper cut out for all three floors. (That looks good!--Chris
 I can glue the wallpaper on the walls for the second floor (see middle wall in picture). I have to paint the door and inside window frames for the first floor (far left in picture). The wallpaper for the third floor (far right in picture) has to wait as I have to glue the extension to make the roof flat (original angled in kit) and I also have to paint the inside trim of the door/windows. I hope to accomplish this list this week, but I have a paper to do for my online graduate class, two full days of substituting at my son’s school and a state band competition to go to on Saturday for my son and his wind ensemble group. “Real life” is sneaking in on me… LOL

So, that's it for now. Until next time... Happy Creating!