April 19, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project 8: Thoughts of Notre Dame

We're a bit behind this week and Gigi was going out of town so today's post is short.



The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi Nephew's Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest.  (Click photo in left column to go to Day one to follow the blog series or here -Day 1  - See last entry Day 7.)



With everyone's mind is on the tragic burning of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, it seemed fitting to include the classic architecture in today's post. (Photo: Pixabay.com)


Today is also Good Friday, so it's poignant to see that the historic crown of thorns relic was rescued from the Notre Dame fire.

I had a chance to see the historical church when I was young, and it felt like I was there as I watched the event unfold. The sad news has left its mark on many Parisians hearts. I will somehow incorporate this tragic event in my Parisian building. 


As for miniatures, I found a fireplace that needs a little makeover, but hopefully I will be able to include it in either the second or third floor. And... PROGRESS! (Hey, it's the little steps!) Also, the “glass” roof has been painted black, so now I can start working on the that component as well.

On Tuesday, get ready for a TREAT! I will share a few photos and a story on my late Mom’s miniature creations. Here's a tiny preview. haa! 


 (Wait until you see this! Her mother had a full town and it's amazing!--Chris)

Until then… Happy Creating!--Gigi