April 30, 2015

A to Z Blog Challenge - AmaZing Julie Campbell dolls



  * Today is Letter  Z  of the daily A to Z Blog Challenge *



It's "Zee" End of the Month and my daily minis venture!

I hope you enjoyed the journey and seeing some of my miniatures.

Be sure to visit my website and check out my book, 

In Miniature Style II!

****
I don't have a mini zoo - or a zebra....  but I did want to show this "amaZing" creation from one of my favorite doll makers, Julie Campbell


I first wrote about Julie a while back (get the pdf on my website) and while her dolls were wonderful then, her style has continued to change and mature. 


Take her incredible hand-sculpted interpretation of  Joan Crawford and Bette Davis from my favorite movie, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane... terrific likeness! Simply Amazing!

See a couple scenes from the movie...  (And if you've never seen it, be sure to!) 




And  Campbell's likenesses - even the wheelchair! Joan Crawford is uncanny! (And so you can get perspective, the dolls are about 5 inches tall - 1 inch (1/12th) scale, 1 inch = 1 foot)



And,,, a clip from the creepiest scene in the film -- ever!




Thanks for visiting this month. 
Be sure to come back for more minis and some mini books - a giveaway is coming! 





   *  See more minis, profiles, photos and how to projects  - 

 In Miniature Style II - print, ebook, PDF 
- 1 inch scale and some half scale too!