July 29, 2009

First Graphs: Makeovers Can Be Murder by Kathryn Lilley

Today's excerpt is from the upcoming mystery, MAKEOVERS CAN BE MURDER (NAL) by Kathryn Lilley.

It will be published Sept. 1 (and is now available for preorder.) It is the third book in the Fat City Mysteries, published by NAL.

Makeovers Can Be Murder





Everyone wants a body to die for.

Especially me. My name is Kate Gallagher, and I'm a perfect size sixteen, which is an unperfect size for someone in my line of work.

I'm a reporter in TV news--a field where any female bigger than a size two is practically an endangered species. Zaftig gals like me are vulnerable members of the newsroom herd, so I have to spend much of my time beating off the News Barbies, who are constantly on the prowl for my job.

In broadcasting the law of the jungle is up or out, but for mostly cosmetic reasons (174 of them, last time I checked in with the scale), my career has stalled in my adopted hometown of Durham, North Carolina. For me the town might as well be called Fat City.

* Check out Kathryn's Tuesday posts on the Kill Zone blog.

* See the Fat City book videos

* Buy:


1 comment:

Helen Ginger said...

It's fun to learn about new authors and new series. Thank goodness for the Internet or I probably would never meet new authors! Thanks Chris.

Helen
Straight From Hel