July 20, 2009

Renaissance Inspiration

Having just come back from the Renaissance Faire, (one of my favorite places to go,) I was surprised to find that what caught my eye this year were all the "character actors."


(The next photo keeps making me think of the song "Dreamweaver!")




I love the Renaissance style. I was surprised that this year there didn't seem to be as many people as usual dressed in costume. What I did notice was more persons that interacted with the crowds or did performance vignettes.

An exception was this stately gentleman who definitely got everyone's attention. Lord of the Rings come to life!




One of the best - check out the statue. I initially passed it without paying much attention - then it moved!

(c)2009 cverstraete http://candidcanine.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh WOW!! I wanna go!!! Looks like an amazing day Chris!!! Thanks for sharing these pics with us:)

cm said...

Love the statue - I think I would have walked right passed it as well.