June 21, 2024

Updated #Miniature Tiki Room

 

Box: full view

Worked on putting drinks and food in the miniature half-scale Tiki roombox. Still have to put the glasses and decorations on the back shelf. (*See last post. Click photos for full size.)

It's been a fun project to do, considering it came about as a last-minute idea. I'd had the thought in the back of my mind and just decided to work on it between "bigger" projects.

As I mentioned before, the room is set in a former photo storage box. The box is 10 1/2" w, 7 1/2" d and 6 1/2" h, so plenty of room. I covered the sides and top, added lights on the ceiling, and used a wood placemat for the walls. Added wood strips to make it look like an attic, with brick on one side.

Here's the right side: filled the buffet table and added some wall decor. I think I'll add another shell on the right side of the picture to even it out.


Buffet foods on the side table. I have to add some silverware and a serving spoon yet.

Showing the layout - the buffet table on the side. I added a couple more plants and the coffee table by the couch.


Left wall:
Front tables:

The decorated guest tables at the front of the room by the window.



Finished drinks on the bar - loved making these! I added the fern and other plant, too. 


This really was a fun project! Now what to do.....? 

Well, I've been thinking of pulling out the camper kit I got a loooong time ago. I was going to make it into a coffee bar. My friend, Gigi, and I are planning a camper display once she starts setting up her dollhouse collection and her mother's houses. She has a larger camper for a B&B, and the tinier camper kit. I'm also thinking of getting the larger camper since I saw it pretty cheap at Hobby Lobby. 

I'd put the camper aside, but it's already papered on the inside and most of the trim is painted a dark rose pink. I also have to make a lot of boxes and bags for display/"sale" items. Looked at it again, and it might work. 

I checked and I also have another box similar to this, but with a wall inside (which I'm not sure I can get out). So wondering if that can work for the gothic library but with a small entry/hallway. Will think on that!

We'll see what's next... Stay tuned for more projects & updates! Thanks again for visiting.