February 07, 2022

The Queen's Jubilee #Miniature Tea Room Update

 In honor of Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee, I decided to do a little updating on my Tudor Tea Shoppe. (There are a few past photos and an overall back interior photo here.)

I made this project over 20+ years ago, adapting it around an already partially built Houseworks porch. I'll have to take pix of the sides, all brick and stucco. I made the front and the door, too. The back is open with shelves and the sides are part-walls. If I did anything different now, I would've used the lightweight Spackle as it doesn't crack as much. (Click photos for full size.)

Haven't pulled it out in a long time as the case is very heavy and I had it buried on the shelf. So moved a few roomboxes around and put it in the other cabinet for now, unless I decide to move it again.

I didn't change much, just added some things and moved others around.  I added some flowers above and a planter on the front wall. Still may change the fake planter on the left. And gotta have a Corgi, too!  * I'm still thinking of adding the perfect element - a decorated hat!




Here's the front sign, made with wood pieces, and hooked together chains with Tiny Turnings on the sides.

Added a Queen and Prince Philip portrait photo on the wall and a Queen Victoria at top (round frame not shown.)

Put the large coronation picture on the interior back side of the door  here... Also added the royal plate. (I have an anniversary mini china plate/button and a thimble coming yet from England. Found them at Etsy.) Then if I have to move and uncover this again, I'll light it for better photos. (And I noticed I forgot to put a chair back in. ha!)

I moved everything over to add the magazine shelf kit from Dragonfly Intl. I moved the magazines around and added the paper dedicated to Prince Philip an put a couple of the mini albums in there. The large white framed photo is of Will and Kate's wedding.



Added a couple things and moved items on the shelf. The blue anniversary book on the bottom is a Dateman photo book from the UK. I made the Diamond Anniversary album.


Here are a couple albums I made. The Britain album includes the photos I took when I went there some time back. Yeah, that's me in the phone booth. I think they took all those out now? Which is a real shame as they are cool! The other is another mini album I made of William and Kate. This type of album uses scrapbook paper for the cover and pages. I should update these and make a couple more albums with their kids, and Meghan and Harry's family. Maybe even a Prince Philip memoriam album. Well... eventually as I'll likely have to add others at some point. I did have an idea before to have a shelf with different albums on it. Yes, more ideas. ha!


That's it for the moment. I'll update the photos once I get the other items and add them in.

Thanks for stopping by!