June 21, 2021

#Dollhouse Furnishing Additions! #halfscale #miniatures

 


Still moving into the Victorian-flavored dollhouse! (Scroll down or see archive list at left for the latest posts. Click photo for full size.)

It's a long process. What to put in, what not to, what doesn't fit... Pictures have to be hung yet. The holdup there - do I glue or not? Hate to ruin the wallpaper, though once things are in place they likely won't be moved so glue is probably okay. 

This will go on until I decide that's enough or I don't want to do anymore. ha! You get to a point that it's time to move on to something else...

The latest is putting some new kits together. The funny part is hubby complaining about kits and where's the nice furniture? Well, he got bored and wanted something to do, so I gave him this drop-leaf table kit to assemble. Ahhh, new understanding that it isn't quite as easy all the time but the results are worth it.

These turned out really nice. The drop leaf table is from Jane Harrop from the UK. Was glad to find her really unique kits at a show a couple years ago. Hope she comes to the US again; she has some really neat retro kits I want to get yet. 

I also like how the grandfather's clock turned out. A bit fidgety as you have to cut tiny pieces of gold wire to glue inside. The Gothic Clock Case is from SDK Miniatures. I added gold paint to give it some "bling." I'll have to buy another one to decorate for the someday haunted house...

Thanks for visiting! Stay tuned for more photos...