December 20, 2020

#Christmas Gifts and Working on....

 

Goodies in the Christmas room... This year's scene. See other photos.

Just a "little" update... 

I may get quiet on here, but it doesn't mean I've been idle!! As Christmas is the time of giving, it's always fun to be surprised by a wonderful handmade gift. (click photos for full size.)



I just got this wonderful gift in the mail, an "exclusive" chair design by fellow author and miniaturist Camille Minichino. (You may know her as the author of the fun Miniatures Mysteries... see link in the side column of this blog!)

Camille often makes chairs and mini book scenes for auctions, so I'm tickled to death to receive one of her creations. I just LOVE this! And she even put my covers of my books on there. (Though the Lizzie book cover has been changed since...) But... isn't it great??

*************

Speaking of death... (how do you like that segue?) 😊 I got some work done on a rather, er, unusual project...  I shared some photos earlier of this interesting find, a small coffin, hubby found at the local Goodwill.


Since the initial photos I've dressed another skeleton lady for the coffin and added some crosses. I'm working on a rather "dead" bouquet for the top yet. 

I just repapered the room. The roombox had been sitting around for a while... I think it was initially it was going to be some kind of store that I lost interest in. So resurrecting it (ha!), it'll be a funeral parlor...

I'd never have done this kind of project but for finding that cool mini coffin.  The bottom of the walls show the old green wallpaper. It has wood wainscoting on the sides that I've re-stained darker and have to put back yet. I'm also adding that piece of wood floor in front, plus I'm making a covered stand for the coffin. Oh, and yes, there'll be plenty of "guests" that need to get dressed for the event!

There will be pillars in each corner and up front with more flowers and lights. I knew I was saving those plastic cake pillars and pedestals I picked up at a yard sale a looooong time ago for something! Warning: This is why you become a packrat! haaa!


Of course, you always need something else! As the Victorian standing lights I'm putting next to the coffin are a little short, I cut off the bottoms of two of the shorter pedestals to use as stands. They'll have that wood disc on top and the whole thing is going to be painted bright metallic gold to match the light poles. Or at least I hope. Never used that paint so have to buy some and I'm curious how it turns out. So far, it's nice to see when an idea starts coming together how you want!


Also in progress and nearly done: the record store. I'm putting things in now and have to glue the top decorative trim on yet, but here's a peek of part of the outside. I'll do a full post later. Yes, it's busy and very '60s "kitschy." I'm especially happy with the outside sidewalk - that is actually a heavier textured fabric that I knew would make a good walk when I saw it! And it also glues very well. It's actually costume fabric, but it really works well. Stay tuned for more updates!



I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

Thank you for following my blog. I really appreciate it!. And... yes, I do hope to get back to updating my miniature project books. I fell behind, but it's something to look forward to in 2021!