December 02, 2020

New #Miniature #Christmas Room

 Finally got this done. While actually it only took a few days I had to fix a couple things so it had to sit a few days longer. (click photos for full size)


I got this roombox partially done a few years or so back.  It's nicely stained on the outside and has a really nice wood floor and door. The walls were painted blue on the bottom before with rope around the inside like it was going to be some kind of nautical room. It took so long since I couldn't decide what to put in it! (And yeah... every time you take a photo, then you see that something fell or is leaning. ha!)

Since I like to set up a Christmas room, I thought, why not decorate it so I can change it later? I decided to use some cool scrapbook paper printed with maps on the top part of the wall and painted the corrugated paper for the bottom in a matching tan. Once Christmas is over, I'll put in a vintage desk and other items for the world traveler's room. Figured I'd use some of the things I collected until/whenever I set up the mini world museum.

I like to use vintage miniatures so the art on the right wall is an embroidered picture I cut from a vintage Christmas card. The girl doll is also older. The tiny angels are little figures I added on top of the mini trees. I know the LED light string on the left is out of place, but I didn't want to wire the room and needed more light. Maybe I'll add an LED wall sconce later. 


Here's a close-up of the ceiling. I love how this turned out. 


I used a vintage candelabra I had and fitted it with crystal beads. The medallion is a paper compass shape with added rhinestones. You can't tell here, but the paper is a pretty textured scrapbook paper with a light golden yellow color. It goes perfect, even if I had to piece it since it wasn't wide enough. I'll definitely use these papers again!

Side table: (I have a paper Santa mail box and letters I wanted to put here, too - and then I found I was out of printer ink! So waiting on that to come.)


I added snowflakes as handles on the side table and put part of the gold Christmas card on top. The mirror is separate but I thought it added something. 

There's still a couple things to do  - done since this photo: filled and painted the top of that cactus ornament. There's also another small vintage stand on the left of the fireplace. I have a special Christmas plant I made from petals punched from Christmas scrapbook paper. The punches end up with a cool variety of designs on the petals. Love how these turn out! I made a Halloween one, too, with the spider web pattern and I know I'll make more with other pattern papers.


This was a fun project and nice to see the room done. It's a good sized room but not huge, which I like. It'll be fun to change it after Christmas, too.