November 20, 2019

New Cabinet Project


I saw a project that I thought it would be the perfect way to display some of the many things I've been saving to put in a Lady's Shoppe. I ordered the cut pieces from Shellie at MiniEtchers to make something similar. Here's the pieces she cut that I laid out and wallpapered.


How will it look, you ask?


Well... so far....I loved the print on this scrapbook paper. I painted other areas and the edges Khaki (Apple Barrel)  first to match the paper, then lightly brushed Rose Pink (FolkArt) over it. I then lightly brushed gold paint as an accent. (I  use Tulip Soft Fabric paint as it's a bright gold.) I may yet add small doors and another shelf on the bottom though I've run out of the floral paper! I used a contrasting flower print on the center shelf.

I'm not finished trimming yet. I have to add a border strip and trim on top. I also plan on adding battery LED lights on top. 

I have an old front-opening jewelry box that I want to fit this inside as it will also give me a small amount of floor space. I have to paint and wallpaper it. We'll see if it works the way I want so I'll share the next steps and the cabinet when I start doing that.

Ideas - This is but part of the items I pulled out for this project and some things that I may use for something else. So I'll decide what to use and what to put in a room box. I took a lot out as if I don't when I see it, I'd have to remember where it was! ha! Of course, it won't all fit! Stay tuned for the next stage!