April 20, 2010

Miniatures Book Promo: Card Corner Scene

I've been hinting for a few days at something coming.... Well, I have been updating my miniatures ebook, IN MINIATURE STYLE, with new projects and profiles.

The new IN MINIATURE STYLE II should be coming out next spring -- in PRINT and in ebook. Stay tuned for more announcements and a peek at the fantastic cover and contributors! More info coming!

I made the pictured "Reading Corner" as a promotional item which I displayed at this past weekend's IMA Show....

The scene is made in a large greeting card with foam core board as the side walls and the bottom floor which are covered with scrapbook paper.

View of side wall: side table is a large wood painted painted with green paint and varnish. It's topped with a small wood circle. The chair is hand-made also.


The cabinet is filled with more books and magazines. Mini books on top (including mine!) are from one of my two Miniature Bookshelf printies pages. Simply wrap covers around pieces of mat board cut to size and painted white on edges. I also made the hydrangea. More about the hand-made items later!

** The corner was a prize for those signing my email list. And the winner is.....

Bonita Heldt. I will email you for proper mailing address.


** Be sure to come back for more announcements. There'll be more contests and giveaways as we go along to the publication date!

4 comments:

Jo Raines said...

So pretty, Chris! This would make a wonderful gift for a convalescing friend or special occasion--so pretty! I love it!

Jody

Courtney Mroch said...

Neat and gorgeous! (And also, CONGRATS! -)

Rebecca Ryals Russell said...

Wow! What a talented artist you are. This is incredible in detail. Great job.

Charlie said...

How cool it that! Love miniatures and these are incredible.
C.K. Volnek