![]() |
| Cool attic & vintage games - J Star (used with permission) |
June already? Figured I'd better post something!
Had some other issues to deal with so I got sidetracked on the blog and projects. But while I finish up the half-scale garage (Wait'll you see! The lights look great!) and decide on what's next, I saw a post on Facebook that gave me an idea for a small project I'd set aside.
| Half-scale attic "box" |
A while back, I bought a small (very small) half-scale attic kit. (5 1/4" h at peak; 5" d, 4 3/4" w.) I thought it was cute and nicely made. Figured I'd eventually set it on top of a house or something, but I didn't have an idea of what to do with it. (*Click photos for full size.)
Better view:
| Attic box: side view |
When I saw a slightly spooky attic project posted by miniaturist J Star in the World of Dollhouses and Miniatures Group on FB I got an idea. (Note: I'm not sure if the links go through if you're not a FB member or grop member - but see the video below for ideas!)
*********
** Check out his YouTube. video, "Let's Play a Game in the Attic," and be sure to subscribe to his channel. He has some great ideas and projects! (I can't seem to repost it here on Blogger.) **
**********
Here's one of the game printie boxes on FB. Love vintage items! I am going to shrink these down close enough for half-scale use. Not super tiny, as I really don't like to make things too small.
Thes games are so cool-looking that I might use the full size printies in a library room I've been thinking of and setting things aside for. One of the few 1" scale projects I'd do as I have a really interesting CD box set aside I might convert for that thoiugh I have a larger cabinet box set aside, too. We'll see which one seems better. I'll share all that later when I do that project. Yes, so many projects, so many ideas!!! Try to keep up! haaa!
The drawback for the attic, of course, is I'd have to build book shelves (not my favorite thing to do) but it'll look really neat when done. It'll probably look better if I make false walls and shelves on the sides, too. More work! The best part is the filling it, of course, when I get to that point.
I do love attics in dollhouses as that "catch-all" space. Here are a few attics I've done and shared in a past post.
* Thanks again for visiting. More projects & progress coming soon! *
