![]() |
| Original website photo |
I originally bought this garage nook kit (PlayfulMario/Amazon-ou, 164 pieces, out of stock) a while back as I thought I'd use some of the items in the half-scale miniature garage I've been working on. (*Click photos for full size.)
Well... as is sometimes the case, it didn't turn out that way. I started working on it and it was a quick, easy project. Changed a few things, added a few things, and got it done in three days. I decided I had enough for the other garage so I kept this mostly as is. (I'm working on landscaping for the actual garage.)
I did change the name as I didn't like the original one (with no apostrophe, which would bug me forever!)
There are some weird spellings on things as I really look at it. I will change that roof sign slightly as it bugs me, too. (Made that F an E.)
My version:
Went together pretty well though it was a bit hard getting the sides in place. I did have some trouble with that wall portion for the hanging hook but got it to work. I still can't get all parts of the roof down but I'll leave it. I just hope I don't have to change the batteries in a long, long time. ha! (The AA battery box is hidden in that gray wall on the top corner; kind of a bad idea since the roof is in two sections and then you'd have to take it off.)
I had to add some dirt and oil spots as it was too clean! Put in a few tools, too. I actually enjoyed working on this one.
| Before wall added |
Fastest project I've done in a while (except the small attic box; still filling that one.)
Next: I have a particular project I've been wanting to do and got it ordered! Stay tuned!
And... what are you working on???
* Amazon affiliate links may offer some compensation to blog owner.
* Thanks again for visiting! Come back soon for more projects! *
