Maybe it wasn't a good idea to not put some mousetraps out and catch that critter!
The bakery, you see, has a ghost mouse. Thought he'd be content with scraps, but oh, no! Somehow, there was a short in the wall behind the large display shelf!
Or we can blame the builder (me). I had the "smart" idea of soldering a string of lights to the wall there so I could wrap it around the display shelf. Well, the project went dark. Luckily hubby is better at finding what amounted to a short than me and thankfully not a lot had to be ripped up. So I had to move everything back out and rip out a portion of the paper and pull the string out. Luckily, it glues back and won't be seen behind the shelves. The fix: another string and now with a battery box sitting on a shelf.
The lesson here: maybe the shelf was pulled and moved too many times. Or? Maybe it's cursed. I hate to say it but the same thing happened to the ceiling light. It went out, had to put in a new one, so I added two. That's fixed as well.
The bakery shelf on the other side also has a string of lights that, so far, is still working. For now... Shh! Don't let the bakery gremlins know!
** Don't forget to come back for the daily A to Z posts starting on Wednesday, April 1.