August 17, 2023

Witch Cottage 2: Furnishings!

 


Decided to share a few recent furnishings I got done for the half-scale Witch Cottage.  Not a lot, but I'm getting there "little by little!" 💀  (*See new garden plants; latest exterior update. See more posts in left column archives. Click photos for full size.)

Second floor furnishings: 

The bed above assembled, from my favorite Gothic furnishings set (SDK Miniatures.) Most pieces also come in 1" scale. 

The bed dressed, below. I'm still thinking it might need something more like maybe a spooky throw on the end. I'll share again if I add something.




I also finished the Gothic Mule Chest (also from the Gothic set. I glued tiny hinges on top of the chest (without the teensy nails I can never get in!) I may use it at the foot of the bed and was considering filling it with a bunch of medieval manuscripts. I put some crumpled "old" manuscripts inside for padding. 


The pile of "ancient" manuscripts were one of those easy and fun little projects to do. Aged a bunch of papers I found with diluted burnt umber paint, and added burnt spots and burned the edges.


I did decide to use these chairs on the second floor to match the color scheme. I made them awhile back and had been saving them since they didn't seem to match anything though I liked the fabric! I added some small pillows and footstools. The larger footstool is actually two Scrabble tiles glued together. The smaller one is a square foam "bead" from the dollar store. The pillows and footstools are edged with black Bunka. The bottom of the footstools are covered with a black fabric with tiny white polka dots.



I did add a few more lights: at the peak, on the right wall, and on the first floor divider (not shown). Luckily, was able to run extra electric tape over the roof by connecting a piece on an outside edge. (You can see the roof tape and the extra light in the last exterior post.)  Bad planning as I thought it was too dark and then I didn't leave any other way to connect light wires but did get it to work.


There's not a lot left to do except some decorative items and unfinished trim, and the shingles, of course. It's a small house. But I'd like to move the base that's now under the Fairfield and add some Halloween stuff outside. I hope to have a new plywood base cut for the Fairfield big enough for the acrylic case to rest on so I can also use the turntable under it. Then I'll have a larger yard to decorate for that, too. I would like to make some pretty flower gardens and some spooky gardens. Have an idea for some topiaries, too, like in The Shining movie.

Don't forget! 


** Planning early! I'll be looking for Halloween projects to share here on the blog! I'm also thinking of trying something different for this year's Halloween in Miniature like a  themed list for Instagram so friend me on there, too, so you can play along - (cwrite12). I'll be working on the art next. The more the merrier, or rather, spookier!! Stay tuned for details! Just click my photo in the top right column for my website and go to the contact page there to message me and to send pix.

Thanks again for visiting! Come back soon for more minis!