September 09, 2021

#Miniature Photo Room Box Latest

 What's this, you ask??

Yes! I am starting to plan this year's HALLOWEEN IN MINIATURE posts. I think I have some fun stuff lined up, so be sure to come back and keep in touch!

In the meantime... ha! Remember the photo box I mentioned earlier? Well, it's about done, except for putting some trim in to hold the front glass. See progress below.

Well, I really love how the inside turned out and at the latest Goodwill trip, yes, I found two more boxes above. I kept thinking on it and decided I better not pass them up, especially as the top one was really different. Yeah, I needed more projects. haa! 

The top box is cool as it's smaller and if you look close it has a peaked roof with a round ball. I see a room, don't you?  So stacked on top the other one, it can be a tower of rooms. The second box is the same style but these two are mahogany while the first box I bought is a lighter blond wood. But I may still stack them for variety. All I have to do is lift them off to open the lid and get inside. I'm putting in lights with a battery pack and on/off button on the back of each.

Now the first one (below) was going to be an attic...then hubby mentioned a tiki bar. So maybe I'll order that tiki bar kit I've been seeing... I recently found a neat tiki monster statue by chance, too...

I love how the wood walls and the brick wall came out.



I added paper squares on top inside as I kept the wood top slats on the outside. Then I added new strips inside and put the wiring under those for the lights. See? Anything can be a room if you don't have a lot of space and have some patience. ha!

So maybe I can make a tiki bar in the basement, have an entrance and sitting room on floor 1 (I might leave the divider in and make an outside scene on one side for variety though it's a small space) and some kind of tower bedroom... ??? Decisions, decisions... The height of these seems to fit half scale the best, too. We'll see... 

The Halloween house is also underway.... slowly. More posts will be coming.

Thanks for stopping by!