May 28, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project 16: Painting!


Painting & More Painting!

Greetings again!  For the U.S. followers, I hope your Memorial Day weekend was safe and hopefully dry. I did get one day of the three-day weekend to work on minis!

 

Paint, paint, and painted some more!  As you can see the shop front is ready for the stucco.  


The door is ready and I found a Fleur-de-Lis that looks like it might work. I also finished painting the two windows, the French doors, and all the trim for the third floor. 

Like I said, paint...paint…paint. I also painted the tops and bottoms of the shutter; the door frame and the “iron” scroll of the forthcoming door for the second floor entrance.


The two little “iron” works (above) are also painted which will be decorative items in the shop. (Liking the look of this already!--Chris)



I also painted the cabinet for the shop in a soft red which matches the design in the floor. So far, it has taken three coats.  I may need another coat of paint,, too!



Finally, the third floor floors (three walls) are getting ready for wallpaper, just need to sand first. As you can see from the picture, the lines in blue are the added pieces of wood to make the rooftop flat as opposed to the original angle. The red lines indicate where there used to be windows on the side walls. I first put on Kilz primer, then the wood was glued onto the walls and open window spaces, and filled with light joint compound. The next step is to sand to make it is a smooth finish and then I can apply the wallpaper.

So, the next step is to see if the items painted in black and the cabinet need another coat of paint. Once the cabinet is done I'll varnish to give it a shine and assemble the item (the top has shelves with a mirrored back).


Also, on my list is the shop floor and the windowpanes for the shop front. Then I can put up the four walls and see where I want things to go to be able to glue on shelves, etc. before permanently gluing the walls together. It’s so much easier to have everything hung, etc. before putting it together.
-----------------------------

The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi's  Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. 
(Click photo in left column to go to Day 1 or here - Day 1  - See last entry Day 15.)
 * Don't forget you can put your email in the subscribe to updates box under the Paris photo in left column also to let you know when a new post goes up.
--------------------------------------

It's moving along! Until the next time… Happy Creating!--Gigi