May 21, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project 15: What's New?

Lots new this week!!



The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi's  Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. 
(Click photo in left column to go to Day 1 or here - Day 1  - See last entry Day 14.)
 * Don't forget you can put your email in the subscribe to updates box under the Paris photo in left column also to let you know when a new post goes up.


Although there is progress, it seems like a lot of little things have been done. But once all the little things come together, like puzzle pieces, the bigger picture appears. 

I'm excited to share the latest update. I completed more kits from Artofmini.com which are the posters, books, and the new door for the shop. Originally, I had a different shop door, but it was just too plain. (See top photo.)


I came across the door kit also from ArtofMini.com in my stash.  It consists of three pieces (all the same size). The kit comes together like a sandwich with the “iron” window panel in the middle. I first painted the “iron” window, then cut a “glass” window from a clear plastic container and assembled the pieces.The door just needs the door handle and a decorative touch on the bottom panel. I also painted the trim above the door and window black. (LOVE that door panel. Really gives it the perfect "look."--Chris)


The tedious work on painting has begun. Two windows from the third floor are done. The four shutters for the second floor are done. The other pieces are the two windows that will be in front of the second floor. The next pieces to be worked on are the second painting of the store cabinet (reddish color), the black scroll works from Artofmini.com, along with the tops and bottoms of the shutters, and there is my list which includes doing a gray-wash on the shutters to “age” them.


I am asking again for your valued feedback.  


The door in the middle was what I was thinking of using for the second floor entrance (on the left side accessible from the outside staircase). At the right is the door I can substitute. It is similar to the front shop door, but with a different “iron” pattern. It will be in a different color than the green shop door.  What do you think?  Let me know.

(I like the door at right as it's similar in style with the iron work and the panels. What does everyone else think?--Chris)

Also, if you have not done so already, see last week's posting on the colors for the outside.

Moving right along!! Thanks for coming along on the journey with me! Until the next time. Happy Creating!--Gigi