December 05, 2009

12 Days of Christmas in Miniature 5: Night before Christmas; Read Christmas at the North Pole Compound Ebook

Welcome to Day 5 of The 12 Days of Christmas in Miniature. (Click link to go to day one.)


'Twas the Night Before Christmas

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

(Hey, don't forget Rudolph!)




To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!





Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"


* Photos: My Christmas house

** Next: Christmas in Miniature Day 6.

* Enjoy a fun story during the 12 Days of Christmas in Miniature.

TODAY: Featuring my story, "Christmas at the North Pole Compound" by Christine Verstraete



It's not all Fa-la-la and Ho-Ho-Ho at the North Pole. Chief Elf Investigator Finius Flaherty is on the case. Can he find the missing gifts - and save Christmas?

In the story, Chief Elf Investigator Finius Flaherty is not only alarmed by the decrease of Christmas cheer (it's enough to threaten Rudolph's ability to pull the sleigh, he says!), but is even more disappointed that crime has come to the North Pole – and is most likely an inside job.

Excerpt:

"Before I continue, let me introduce myself. I'm Finius Flaherty, Chief Elf Investigator. No, I don’t bake cookies. I leave that to the West coast cousins.

My branch of the family was hand-picked by the big guy for his security team at the North Pole. Big responsibility, though I’d prefer to sit on a beach in Florida.

Not that I don’t enjoy my job. I do, but unfortunately, our services have been needed more in recent years. Christmas spirit doesn’t prevent crime, you know. We’ve been feeling that lack of spirit lately ourselves, too. Just ask Rudolph. This is a real hazard as even the smallest drop in Christmas cheer influences his ability to pull the sleigh. Can’t have it dragging now, can we?"...

*** BUY: Christmas at the North Pole Compound

2 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Love the miniatures! And the snow footprints are a great touch. Also enjoyed the excerpt. This is the blog to visit anytime of the year, but esp. near Christmas.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Courtney Mroch said...

I LOVE the rudolph! And the Finias story...it is EXCELLENT! (And what fun to have the visual of him with the pic you posted here!)