August 11, 2008

Daily Blog 11: The Name Game Meme

Meme : A thought, an idea, and a real easy post.

I'm copying Dani's meme at BlogBookTours for some fun word play. Who says writing always has to be, well, about writing?

But even if you're not doing any "formal" writing, words should be fun. Doing crosswords, playing Scrabble(TM) or spending time on other online word games are good ways to keep your word skills sharp and loosen up the brain cells. See? It has a purpose. It really isn't procrastinating or wasting time.


Here's a fun meme to try out some new monikers for your characters. Copy and try it out yourself.

1. Your real name:
Christine

2. Your Gangsta name: (first 3 letters of real name plus izzle)
Chrizzle (Hmm?)

3. Your Detective name: (fave color and fave animal)
Yellow Wolf (ooh mysterious!)

4. Your Soap Opera name: (your middle name and street you live on)
Anne Kimball (Sounds like a librarian? I used an old street; my current street is a number.)

5. Your Star Wars name: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name)
Verch (Makes me think of Lurch?)

6. Your Superhero name: (your 2ND favorite color, and favorite drink)
Pink Tea (Pink tights of course. Well, forget the tights)

7. Your Iraqi name: (2ND letter of your first name, 3rd letter of your last name, 1st letter of your middle name, 2ND letter of your moms maiden name, 3rd letter of your dads middle name, 1st letter of a siblings first name, and last letter of your mom's middle name)
(What?) Oh - Hraaesa

8. Your Witness Protection name: (parents' middle names)
Maria Steve

9. Your Goth name: (black, and the name of one of your pets)
BlackMac


** Your Turn: Share a few of your new names for fun.

** You're it! I TAG:
Camille Minichino (Margaret Grace) and Karen Kennedy

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! This is a hoot! I've seen some of them, but not all in one place before. A fun way to start the day!

Teagan Oliver
www.TeaganOliver.blogspot.com

Chris Redding said...

I'm saving this for another day, but I liked my Goth name
BlackNoir
cmr

Anonymous said...

I love naming characters. Sometimes the names just come to me, other times I pick them from people I know -- the name of an ex-boss, the name of a dead friend, other -- who knows? I also enjoy reading those books of
.. mucho names for kids .. along with the meanings.

Margaret, which as I recall means "pearl" in ??greek?? -- and the French version, Marguerite, which means "Daisy".

Helen Ginger said...

Okay, I'm going to go with #7 since that seems the most convoluted:
Eniormr

That could also be a Star wars name. Unpronounceable.

I sort of like my soap opera name -- Ilene Elizabeth.

Helen, who's putting a link down because Blogger is still blocking her profile.
http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com

Camille Minichino said...

Who doesn't need fun on a Monday morning?

1. Camille
2. Camizzlino (I'm short)
3. Blue None
4. Ann Malden (I like it!)
5. Mincam (from Radio Shack?)
6. Yellow Caf
7. Anavtae
8. Louise Anthony
9. BlackNone

I'm saving this!

Dani said...

I must be a total kid at heart because I loved this meme! I like switching letters in first and last name, too.

Granny Dear
a.k.a.
Penny Dreadful (sometimes)
http://pdreadful.blogspot.com

Dana Fredsti said...

I think Black Mac is my favorite of all your names. I got tagged too...heh.

CA Verstraete said...

This was fun! Thanks all for playing. I want to do more of these, you never know what it'll lead to.

Karen Kirkpatrick said...

Okay, Yellow Wolf. Look for my post tomorrow. This is fun!

Holly Jahangiri said...

1. Your real name:
Holly

2. Your Gangsta name:
Holizzle

3. Your Detective name:
Indigo Dragon

4. Your Soap Opera name:
Ganz Vintage Leaf


5. Your Star Wars name:
Jahho

6. Your Superhero name:
Crimson 151

7. Your Iraqi name:
Ohgar'z (I don't have a sib, so I used a glottal stop instead. Sounds more middle earth than Iraqi, though.)

8. Your Witness Protection name:
I can't tell you that. They'd kick me out of the program and I'd be dead in five minutes.

9. Your Goth name:
Black Bob (Bob is a green anole; technically, he's my son's pet. We don't really have "pets.")

Camille Minichino said...

it definitely led to a character name for me -- my next librarian is going to be Ann Malden (number 4). thanks Chris!

CA Verstraete said...

Hey neat Camille! So Dani (who started this) and I can expect our cut from the next book? ha!! :>) Pretty cool that you got a good name from it. Can't wait to see it and I'll have something to blog about. When's #4 come out?

Anonymous said...

This is fun stuff. Great to lighten up and just have some laughs. Some of your names were hysterical - lol

CA Verstraete said...

Hey chicken, er, I mean Marvin, laugh all you want. Where's yours? The rest of you too!

CA Verstraete said...

Holly, love Indigo Dragon. But I really can see Crimson 151 in some kind of comic book. ha!

Joyce Anthony said...

This is fun:
1. Joyce
2. Joyizzle
3. Yellow Tiger
4. Ann East
5. Antjo
6. Black Nofear
7. Otaursn
8. Ann Gerald
9. Black Sam / Black Venus / Black Spirit

Anonymous said...

Here I just read Marvin's first and thought he started it. My emails piled up while gmail was down and I was editing. I have to get in this game, but not till I get rid of tons of emails. Look for me tomorrow. Super game.

Karen Kirkpatrick said...

I got my alter-egos posted today at http://beachhouseintheburbs.blogspot.com

Thanks for the tag. It's a fun game!