On June 24, I'll again be hosting Barb Techel, author of the charming children's picture book, FRANKIE THE WALK 'N ROLL DOG. Be sure to stop by as she shares her Top 10 Reasons Living with a Disabled Dog is a Blessing.
Here is some information on the upcoming tour:
Frankie the Walk 'n Roll Dog Virtual Book Tour - June 2009
Frankie the Walk 'n Roll Dog, an Inspiring Story About Overcoming Adversity, Tours Cyberspace
In June Barbara Techel will tour cyberspace to promote her multi-award winning picture book, FRANKIE THE WALK 'N ROLL DOG. The book tells the true story of her dachshund, Frankie, who was paralyzed by an injury. Frankie recovers, thrives, and keeps on rolling with the help of a custom-fitted wheelchair.
About FRANKIE THE WALK 'N ROLL DOG
The story is told from the point of view of Dachshund Frankie, who survives the normal challenges of puppyhood, including a struggle with house training, after Barbara and John adopt her.
After a spinal injury, her human family nurtures her through a long period of rehabilitation and buys her a custom-fitted wheelchair. It takes a while to adapt to her new wheels, but soon she is joyfully rolling and playing.
Barbara wrote this book to offer hope and inspiration to people who face challenges. A lifelong animal lover, she realized Frankie's paralysis was an opportunity to spread a positive message.
The book's themes include:
* Teaching children and adults about compassion
* Helping readers learn to overcome adversity
* Providing encouragement to children with disabilities and their families
* Helping people see challenges as a way to learn and grow.
* Showing animals with disabilities in a positive light
* Helping dachshund owners (and many vets) understand disc disease in doxies and know that a wheelchair is a viable option
About author Barbara Techel
Barbara is a writer and animal lover. Her column, "For the Love of Animals" has appeared in the Depot Dispatch. Frankie the Walk 'n Roll Dog, her first children's book, was awarded the 2008 National Best Book Award (children’s picture book soft cover) from USA Book News, the Merial Human-Animal Bond Award from the Dog Writer’s Association of America, and the Editor’s Choice Award from Allbooks Review. It was also a finalist in the 2008 Indie Excellence Awards. Frankie was inducted into the 2009 Wisconsin Pet Hall of Fame.
* See the tour schedule
* For more information see Barb's website
* Check out Frankie's news at Barb's blog
* Get the book at: Amazon.com