July 13, 2026

Project Two: A New Miniature Fairy Tale Kit

Fairy Tale Nook kit
Fairy Tale Dollhouse Kit - sample photo

 I've been admiring this one for a while. And once I saw it in person, the results are amazing! My friend got it earlier and it is a really detailed kit. It is just so pretty!!! And it has lots of fun (and some real fiddly!) stuff in it. The good part is I'll have my friend's model to look at and she can share any tips from her experience.

* Update: July 20: Some "small" progress has been made! I got a few things together and quite a few all sorted out. Will get back to it this week. 😀😀

I got the Fairy Tale - Once Upon A Time Dollhouse Shop on Temu, for less than what other places want. I'm impressed - first time ordering there, super fast shipping - only 3 days from order to arrival! It took Paypal with no problems. So will order from there again at some point. (Some places are crazy - saw it for $70+ on ebay and Etsy. 'Zon was $50+. Getting to be too much $$! What??!! Talk about greedy! Some want $90 and over $100 on etsy!! You have to look around to get the best price.)

I'll tell ya. This is a beautiful but super aggravating kit! The book is packed full of directions, and everything is all over the place in assorted bags. Really frustrating for people like me who have no patience! But despite that, I think what I really like is I'm a 'more is more' person. No minimalism for me, ha! I think the busyness of the whole finished kit catches my eye!

dollhouse cabinet
So far - filling the main cabinet with tiny dollhouses.

But my friend gave me the great idea (and offered to kindly help - Thanks, Gigi!) sorting the pieces into sets. Much easier as then everything for that specific project is all together. No hunting, except to first find everything! So I'm getting out a tackle box and some zip-locs, and started doing that before we meet again. Then I check off in the book with two color markers what's done and what's been assembled so I can tell at a glance. That's my TV project; watched the rest of Dark Winds on Netflix. Pretty good! Also watching The Last Ship.

Furnished dollhouse kit
Tiny tiny dollhouse kit - with furnishings!

I only got a few things done so far, part of a cabinet and and this tiny Red Riding Hood house. Each section really takes a while to complete. It's the kind of project you can only work on in small spurts, do one thing, and set it aside or it'll drive you crazy! So you have to take your time, do a bit, and then do something else. Still, it's one of the best kits I've seen. Will update you when I get more done. And yes, will work on finishing the attic project, too.

* Thanks again for visiting! Come back soon for updates! *