January 01, 2024

Dollhouse Miniatures Gifts & Toys

Halloween all the time. Isn't this cool?

 HAPPY NEW YEAR! I got some pretty cool new miniatures, mostly from my good friend, Gigi. We love getting together to work on kits when we can and also enjoy celebrating a Merry "Mini" Christmas so figured I'd share the latest toys.

We also enjoy finding things that can be used for minis, even if it's not the item's actual purpose. Oh, and there's no "crime" in re-using things to make into something mini! ha! It's like the mini charm bracelets I have. Someday I may take them apart, but right now I still enjoy wearing them. I pick them up cheap at thrift stores or yard sales. (Click photos for full size.)

* Raven and skull. Just love this!!

* This is a cute little house kit (the blue one.) I saw some people showing this online. It'll be fun to do even if it's tiny. ha! But I already have a "theme" idea in mind... Yeah, I can't do things as they are. ha! I'll share the progress once I start it.


* Speaking of little houses, my friend made and finished up this tiny kit for me. It is awfully cute. I fell in love with that mini fridge! Yes, it is that small! (4.25" tall)

* Another real cute house! This one had a bunch of round chocolates in it. We like to wrap up lots of little minis, so we'll have our own Advent calendars next year. Loved watching people open theirs this year and wished I'd bought one!


* She even gave me a mini car for in front of one of the houses. haa! I'm picturing a trunk full of stuff and dogs in the back seat. And it does fit well in front of the mansion! Now I'll have to expand the front and add a brick walk or street.

* It's so fun that miniatures have caught on, with all these places coming out with those plastic balls filled with miniature toys and figures like the Mini Brands Toys, Disney versions, and others.

Recently I found a World's Smallest brand mini kid's three-wheeler trike. Had to have it! I am still looking for the Mini Popper push-toy.

Then I tried something new. There's a new set of Kylie (yes that Kylie) Bratz mini dolls which are actually kind of cute (but pricey as you only get 2 items for $9. The doll on right; the other item was a fake phone (not shown.)) I also got a couple of the mini Bratz dolls which are neat. I never got into Bratz dolls but I like the tiny ones. Now they need some Monster High mini versions! I do have a few of the regular size dolls. And I got a few more of the Mini Brands toys. (This is over time, mind you! It gets expensive. ha!)

 So, until I make an actual doll shop, these will all go in the toy store though I am thinking of saving the kid's trike for the Raggedy Ann house. I do have another roombox with shelves in it that was going to be a shoe store. Maybe I should redo that for all dolls. That's a thought...

Been tempted by the Mini Brands Foods but haven't tried that one yet as they seem to be more Barbie scale. But the kitchen items are pretty cool if I ever decided to make a Cher doll roombox, which would be so big that I really don't have room (right now.)  Here's some of the latest from the Mini Brands toys:

Well... that's it for now! Back to mini work. 

I'll be sharing more on the Park Ave. Mansion soon. Have made some good progress on it. Stay tuned! 



Thanks for visiting!