November 23, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving, Fairfield #dollhouse attic

 Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!


In the meantime, here's a quick Fairfield dollhouse update: (Here's the last post - bedroom reveal.)

Working on the third floor attic rooms:



Yeah, this is what happens when you're trying to get the floors to hold down. Using everything but the kitchen sink. haaaa! But it did work out pretty well:

The left room will be the boy's bedroom. The back wall isn't on yet so that's the back of the tower you see (which will be covered with painted card and trim.) The back ceiling wall will have blue star wallpaper and beams.  Oops, forgot to solder in that lamp. There also will be a fake wall and door between the two rooms on the left of the chimney wall.

 

The room on the right here will be a library-craft-painting studio. Luckily I had just enough left of this fake wood flooring (from Hobby Lobby) from the bigger dollhouse that I can use here. The back room, which has an opening on the right edge for the spiral stairs, will be the attic junk space. I've gotten hooked on adding that catch-all space for odds and ends.

 I also have just enough of the thin dark wood floor pieces left from the second floor to use here. There is an opening on the back wall (once it's in) between both rooms. I might just add part of a faux curtain between the two spaces as it really doesn't have to be closed off. Maybe I should squeeze in a small bathroom in the back there, too, otherwise that boy will need a chamberpot. ha! We'll see. I may be able to fit it just behind the wall by the tower there; also have to consider it will have a sloped ceiling. But all I have to do is partition the space off. I'll think on that. I better figure it out as I probably have to add another light then.

Also started this:  the pieces shown are for the bed.

Don't eat too much turkey! 

Thanks for stopping by. More updates coming soon!