March 22, 2019

The #Paris #Miniature Project, Day 2

Welcome back! 

If you're new, you can start the series posts here or click the Paris photo in the left column to go to day one. (If you didn't, you also can sign up for the email updates in the box in the left column. I tested it and it works.)





The Somewhat, Sometimes Boring Stuff: Building & Planning, Day 2


By Gigi Nephew 

Today’s focus is on the plan of the structure itself.  The bottom floor of the design will incorporate the Houseworks Street of Shops Bay Window Shop kit, which has the shop window on the left and the door on the right.  The shop measures 13” wide by 11 ¼” high by 13” deep.

For the second floor, I have the room box kit that I thought I would use, but am modifying it with new wood since this kit's wood is flimsier. Already a change in plans - I'll have my husband custom make the second floor.


(Image: Parisian facade, Pixabay.com)

The idea for the second-floor shop is to have a typical Parisian-style look, with three windows with shutters in the front and the door on the side to access the apartment from the outside stairs.  It will have approximately the same dimensions as the shop. It will contain the living room, kitchen with eating area and a tiny bathroom.


Floor Three:

The third floor uses the Serendipity Shed kit from Hobby Builders Supply.  It is 13 1/16” wide by 10 7/8” high by 9 1/4” deep.  It will be accessible from the second floor via a spiral staircase.  


Another change is the angled roof will be modified into a flat surface with a "glass" roof frame, allowing an open-air view. This allows the occupant to sleep under the stars in her bedroom or sit on the open terrace where she can enjoy her morning coffee and croissants, or maybe some wine and cheese, perhaps?  That kit is from Alphastamps.com. 
  (Yay! Progress: The flat ceiling/floor piece is cut and glued. Thanks, Don!) Stay tuned for more photos! - What colors and patterns will I pick???) 


(Image: pixabay.com)

About Me:

 I plan on having regular updates, but at times real life will interfere and deter me as I am also a student pursuing my third graduate degree.  We also have a son who is in eighth grade.  Not to worry, my good friend Chris will nudge me  (NOTE: You bet I will!) to ensure I keep on track to complete this Paris Project to submit by December 16th for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest.  The deadline seems far away, but time goes quickly. (Quicker than you think!) 

* Go to: Day 1 - Day 3 (Tues. 3/26)

Until next time… Happy creating!