April 11, 2013

A to Z Blog Challenge: J is for Miniature Jar


Thanks for coming back for the A to Z Blog Challenge 2013 (click link to see the 1,000+ blogs enrolled. yes that many!)

(And if you like horror and all things zombie, I and my co-bloggers will also be blogging daily over at GirlZombieAuthors so be sure to check it out.)

Today's letter is J

I have a couple easy tutorials I want to add yet, and hope I'll find a day to fit them in.

For now, here's a fun tea display stand I made... 

The easy display includes a jar made by gluing two pony beads on top of one another. Top with a gold brad, fitting the prongs inside. Then glue an appropriate label to the front. You can use this method to make food and perfume jars. Use clear, colored or the frosted color beads for perfume jars.    

The square tea jar uses a small square wood block covered with aluminum tape. Add a jump ring on top to simulate the opening. Add a small food or other label to the front. The tea box was purchased.