August 02, 2010

Searching for a Starry Night blog book tour - Crafts: Make a Miniature Pillow!



Since Searching for a Starry Night focuses on the hunt for a missing miniature painting, today I'm offering a simple how to.

Here's an early Halloween treat - I'm sharing how to make a simple miniature pillow over at Anastacia's blog. The pillow can be used as is for a miniature scene, or use it to decorate a card or other decorative item. See directions at link above.

A few finishing notes: the bed is a wood punch-out kit in half-scale. I cut off the ends that stick out; sand and fill with wood filler.

I used a stretchy lace fabric at bottom sides for a ruffle. Cut out an extra picture from the fabric to decorate the end of the bed. The other pillow is purple velvet with lace glued at the ends.

1 comment:

Helen Ginger said...

I was so taken with the crocheted bed spread that at first I didn't even see the bats. Very cute!