October 14, 2014

Recent Half Scale Dollhouse Updates

It's been a while since I posted some photos though I have been sharing them on Facebook so friend me there too! 

Past posts:  (See  house Trimmed -  Lights -  First pix/pantry/hutch)

Some recent updates: 

The biggest change is I now have the shed attached and the wood siding is almost done. It's starting to look how I wanted. Funny as it probably cost as much (if not more) to do the individual wood sticks but I wanted that look instead of siding. I painted it two-tone, rust brown with a leaf green over it.

 I have a few more pieces of wood to put on since this photo and then I have to do the roof. It will be held on with sticky dots so I can remove it if needed. I also have window boxes with multi-colored flowers and shutters to add to all the windows. I"m now working on the stone foundation.




Various flowers I made.



The bed is from a past Half Scale Yahoo group annual swap. It was stained so I painted it my matching green, added some art to the front and footboard, and made the sheets and top. The toy dog was a swap gift too. I also cut the posts down slightly.


Inside shell main wall. It is a pantry, bath and laundry area. I made the potatoes from white Model Magic air dry clay, painted and then sprayed them with a matte sealer. The walls are all stucco (lightweight spackle) that I tinted slightly and painted over with tan paint.


Side inner wall of shed. The toilet roll is made by gluing part of a napkin around a long bead that is indented in the center. I made the toilet paper by wrapping paper around  a smaller size pony bead and adding a label. The sweater (which I wanted to look old and worn out) was cut from an old shirt to the shape, sleeves glued on top each other and seed bead buttons added. I shaped the hanger from a piece of cloth covered wire painted silver.




Vanity made from a children's kit from SDK Miniatures. I had to cut a new lower back to make it talle and made it narrower to fit the space on the bedroom wall. It's covered with the provided wallpaper which I added a layer of Modge Podge. The bottom lace is pre-pleated narrow lace, which was perfect. There is braided trim on the edges. The bows were made with Bunka. 

Really happy with how this is turning out.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin