Summer's the perfect time to be creative and have fun with the kids. Crafting's not only a good way to relax and let go of stress, but what better way to bond and make memories? You never know what your kids will share, too, while you are busy crafting.
A few good ideas I found for life-size projects while surfing around: (Many of these can be easily adapted to dollhouse scale too!)
* How about this? Create and decorate your own cardboard furniture. The teapot table and teacup seats are fun, inexpensive kid furnishings. I can see these adapted to miniature, too.
* Create a pot person for your backyard from regular terra cotta flowerpots. (Great, easy miniature idea as well!)
* Check out this cute flowerpot fountain from artist Mary Engelbreit!(I can definitely see this in a dollhouse garden!)
* Here's a whole page of more craft ideas using terra cotta pots.
* Make a cool vintage art pendant (or wall art!) using a domino
* Useful guide to using paint primers
* Free victorian clipart pansy. Check her site for periodic free images.
* Lots of free vintage clipart. See victorian children and other images at main page. (Sample above, victorian boot)
*Have fun! Got any favorite craft ideas of your own to share?