Helen over at Straight from Hel saved me from having to quickly dream up a blog post while I try to get back on track here.
Today's Meme: Name 6 Book Things about Yourself
Okay here goes:
1. In case you didn't know, my book, Searching For A Starry Night is partly inspired by my own interest in collecting and creating dollhouse miniatures. I love working on projects when I'm not writing. I even have the actual miniature replica of "Starry Night" done by talented miniaturist and artist Lucie Winsky. You can read more about her and see the miniature painting here.
2. I like to collect vintage books from the early 1900s. I only have a few but try to find them cheap at flea markets, etc. mostly for the cover decorations and inside art. I also want to try preserving some of that art in miniature by framing the smaller images.
3. I get a kick out of miniature books. I thought of making a mystery bookstore in miniature but the idea of creating all those books is still daunting. Many are only covers with blank pages but I admire anyone who has the courage (and patience!) to do it.
Check out this French chateau library; or for something slightly different, how about tiny rooms based on storybooks.
4. I like to re-read certain books. A few favorites include Dracula by Bram Stoker, Gone with the Wind, The Agony and the Ecstasy, Salem's Lot...
5. I'm still trying to finish my adult mystery set in a diner. I read someone else's book or another story and then fear I'm on the wrong track. :?)
6. I used to read one book at a time. If I'm hooked, I'll speed through it non-stop. Others I enjoy but read here and there. I have four books I'm reading right now.
** Your Turn: Share some book-related things about you. Be sure to comment here so we know to go visit your blog and see what you wrote.
** I TAG:
* Katie - Katie's Clay Corner
* Morgan Mandel
* Emma Larkins
* Mary Cunningham