Today's post is going to be short, philosophical and focus on one question - why do you write?
Isn't there a joke? Paraphrased it goes: Why do you write? I write because I can't sing or dance. ha!
1. Well, I also write because it's a habit; a habit honed from years of writing nonfiction and then adding fiction.
2. I write because I enjoy it. (Sometimes). At least when I like the story and when it's working.
3. I write because I can't "Not" write. I have to do it. Only other writers can understand that.
4. I write when I'm not playing. I find it hard sometimes to split my creative energies. I have to write or create in miniature. But I can work on small miniature projects if I'm doing a big writing project. It's good to do something that lets you be creative and lets your mind wander at the same time.
5. I write because it's more fun than cleaning house. ha!
6. I write because it's the best way I know how to make money.
7. I write because it's better than doing nothing.
8. I write because the words have to go somewhere.
9. I write because there are still things I want to accomplish and they won't get done unless I pursue them.
10. I write because I can't think of anything else that I enjoy doing more.
** Your Turn: Why do you write? Share your top 5 or 10 reasons.
Book & Writer Blogs
- ACME Authors
- Author of Doomed Queens
- Betty Webb
- Blog Book Tour Guide
- Blogs That Rule
- Blood Red Pencil - Writing, Editing Tips
- Book Roast
- Book Views, Lacresha Hayes
- Books at Pop Syndicate
- Celebrate Women
- Chester Campbell
- Christina Rodriguez, Ilustrator
- Christina Rodriquez artist
- Crispin Guest - Jeri Westerson, Medieval Noir
- Cynthia's Attic - Mary Cunningham
- Elysabeth's Stories
- Fatal Foodies - Food & Mysteries
- Female Sleuths
- Getting Medieval - Jeri Westerson
- Helen Ginger - Straight from Hel
- It's a Mystery
- JA Konrath
- JR Turner - Dead Friends Forever
- Katie Hines
- Killer Hobbies
- Lacresha Hayes - author, pastor, wisdom on women's issues
- Larry Karp
- Marlis Day
- Mary Welk
- Morgan Mandel
- My Friend Amy's Blog
- Mysterious People
- Mystery Scene Magazine
- Page 69 Test
- Page 99 Test
- Pets & Their Authors - Mayra Calvani
- The Stiletto Gang
- Women of Mystery, Terrie Farley Moran