Today's post is going to be short, philosophical and focus on one question - why do you write?
Isn't there a joke? Paraphrased it goes: Why do you write? I write because I can't sing or dance. ha!
1. Well, I also write because it's a habit; a habit honed from years of writing nonfiction and then adding fiction.
2. I write because I enjoy it. (Sometimes). At least when I like the story and when it's working.
3. I write because I can't "Not" write. I have to do it. Only other writers can understand that.
4. I write when I'm not playing. I find it hard sometimes to split my creative energies. I have to write or create in miniature. But I can work on small miniature projects if I'm doing a big writing project. It's good to do something that lets you be creative and lets your mind wander at the same time.
5. I write because it's more fun than cleaning house. ha!
6. I write because it's the best way I know how to make money.
7. I write because it's better than doing nothing.
8. I write because the words have to go somewhere.
9. I write because there are still things I want to accomplish and they won't get done unless I pursue them.
10. I write because I can't think of anything else that I enjoy doing more.
** Your Turn: Why do you write? Share your top 5 or 10 reasons.