June 11, 2017

The Latest Miniature Finds! Shabby Chic!

Summer is flea market time here in Wisconsin! I'm lucky to come across some great finds, meaning neat things  - and  cheap! 

One of the finds was this bunch of flower punches. Oh, happy me - they were only $5! 





Of course, it also means another project is in the works. Kind of. I've been planning a Ladies' Shoppe for a looong time, so I've been making things and putting them away. Well, this great glass case I found last week lets me display things until the projects are ready! Always a shame to have stuff stored in boxes unseen, isn't it? Of course, who knows, I may like it enough to keep it this way in the end!




 Pretty cool case, it's 8 1/2" square at the base. I found that a picture frame mat I had has a nice tweed side I'm going to use, for now, as flooring. I'm adding a false wall in the back with that shabby rose print. I like to have a wall for art and shelves. (See finished, decorated case here.)




Here are some items I made before, too. The pretty couch is resin and actually was sold as a Christmas ornament at Hobby Lobby. I have several pieces I was lucky to find since they don't seem to offer them anymore.  I repainted and added French labels to the small chest. I love the shabby chic style! The tall corner case was one of those cheap punch-out furniture kits, and I repainted the smaller bookcase. I have another larger bookcase filled with perfumes, too. I'll share more photos as I progress.