April 12, 2013

A to Z Blog Challenge: K is for Miniature House Kit


Thanks for coming back for the A to Z Blog Challenge  2013(click link to see the 1,000+ blogs enrolled. yes that many!)

(And if you like horror and all things zombie, I and my co-bloggers will also be blogging daily over at GirlZombieAuthors so be sure to check it out.)

Today's letter is K  for Miniature House Kit

Thought I'd share the before pictures of a miniature house before it's all pretty.

This is a half-scale house I bought partly built. I usually like to build it myself from the beginning - and now I know why as I made several changes! I blocked in some windows and had to remeasure the front windows as I wanted more wall space. I didn't want the house to be colonial but am giving it more of an old stone-stucco house look. I'm adding a base to build a shed with a pantry on the one outside wall and a small greenhouse for plants on the other side. 

The living room was stained dark so I lightened it up by painting the walls and part of the fireplace ivory. The ceiling will be stuccoed after I paint the staircase opening. I also am adding a staircase but had to make a small landing that has to be turned since the stairs enter from the back instead of the front. A lot of planning. You have to keep steps in mind when you're doing a house like this. But in the end it's worth it!  In case you're wondering, the strip on the outside of the wall is electric tape for lighting the house. 




Blog Widget by LinkWithin