April 01, 2012

A to Z Challenge in April

Today marks the beginning of the 2012 A to Z Blogging Challenge

The idea: blog daily by the letter.

Blogs will be every day (excluding most Sundays).

This year there are more than 1,400 blog participants. (See sites at link.) Wow!

My theme: Hobbies, Books and Pets. Those are my favorite themes usually so I'll ask visitors a daily question relating to the theme and the day's post.

Today's question:

* What was your favorite childhood toy?



My favorite had to be my 1960s era Ideal Thumbelina doll. The doll has a knob on her back, which when turned, makes the doll move her head. I used to have a box full of my own baby clothes but the doll and clothes got lost, put away somewhere by mom after sisterly fights. So, years later, I bought another doll, well two, and have been replacing the wardrobe with baby dresses, especially vintage 50's dresses as I find them. This is the nicer one, though my favorite has darker cheek coloring.