January 30, 2012

Miniatures Monday: Mini plants for the dollhouse


Ok, I'm hooked! Heard about this simple project in the Feb. Miniature Collector Magazine's Kid's Corner - making plants in faux cans!



I didn't follow directions but tried out my own method, and I have to say, these are addicting! I glued a piece of black Crayola Model Magic on top, then added glue and covered it with some brown railroad ballast, pieces of lichen and fine green grass material. The plants are flower punches and the "helicopter" shape leaves are from a SDK Miniatures flower kit. I also shrunk down some labels for half scale size.

I used the old-fashioned can labels from Jennifer's Printables site and I'm next making some with vintage labels I found and reduced. I'll share those when I finish that batch and take photos. I can see these lined up on a dollhouse room windowsill!