December 31, 2010
The Top 10 Most Annoying Things and People from 2010
A new year is always a good time to look back... well sometimes it is. Here are some of the annoying things from 2010 that I at least hope don't get repeated in 2011. What are yours?
In no particular order:
1. Lady Gaga's meat dress.
Yuck. Not trendy or cool. Disgusting. Wasteful. Selfish. Pretentious. People are still starving in the world so is it a good idea to "play" with food? And how about putting on some clothes when walking around in public?
2. Justin Bieber.
Enough "Baby Baby." Funny, I saw quite a few Justin dolls and other stuff left over in the stores after Christmas.
Can we get back to "real" vampires already?
4. Sarah Palin.
Talk about cashing in.
5. Hearing another person interviewed on TV say "I'll do anything if it keeps us safe."
They probably will, and does it -- really?
6. "Celebrity" news
Since when are they "news"???
And speaking of celebrities - please enough reasonably cute + young + zero or average "singing voice" equals a big recording deal and overplay on the radio.
7. Idiots on Reality Shows
Everyone wants to be famous. Many (most) shouldn't be.
8. Cheap tricks
Manufacturers love changing packages to give you less and make you pay more. And it's always a big secret.
9. Yucky tasting products
Anyone else notice that regular chocolate like Hershey's now tastes terrible? And some store brand products like cheese crackers that were once good, now taste like garbage? Switching to cheaper ingredients only makes the consumer switch to another product and brand.
10. Talking, Talking...
"I'm a witch." And that qualifies you for public office?
"I made buckets of money last year." Etc. Good for you.
"I ---" (fill in blank).
The key? Too much of the word "I."
** Okay these are just a few that come to mind. What are your annoyances from 2010?
Book & Writer Blogs
- ACME Authors
- Author of Doomed Queens
- Betty Webb
- Blog Book Tour Guide
- Blogs That Rule
- Blood Red Pencil - Writing, Editing Tips
- Book Roast
- Book Views, Lacresha Hayes
- Books at Pop Syndicate
- Celebrate Women
- Chester Campbell
- Christina Rodriguez, Ilustrator
- Christina Rodriquez artist
- Crispin Guest - Jeri Westerson, Medieval Noir
- Cynthia's Attic - Mary Cunningham
- Elysabeth's Stories
- Fatal Foodies - Food & Mysteries
- Female Sleuths
- Getting Medieval - Jeri Westerson
- Helen Ginger - Straight from Hel
- It's a Mystery
- JA Konrath
- JR Turner - Dead Friends Forever
- Katie Hines
- Killer Hobbies
- Lacresha Hayes - author, pastor, wisdom on women's issues
- Larry Karp
- Marlis Day
- Mary Welk
- Morgan Mandel
- My Friend Amy's Blog
- Mysterious People
- Mystery Scene Magazine
- Page 69 Test
- Page 99 Test
- Pets & Their Authors - Mayra Calvani
- The Stiletto Gang
- Women of Mystery, Terrie Farley Moran