November 12, 2016

Wee C Dollhouse Show Miniatures 2016!

I've been slow about posting, been busy with the book launch and other writing.

So it was time again for the annual Wee C Dollhouse Show in Elk Grove Village, IL. Always a nice show with great displays, raffles and a cool bargain table. Always find stuff there!

I'm going to split this into two posts showing a few things I bought and the show displays so be sure to come back tomorrow for part two.

A few things I found: (click on pix for large, full size) 

Great find! This cool box was on the NAME (National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts) table as the show is put on by a NAME club.... I almost didn't get it but... gee at $6, how could I refuse? I envision it as a Victorian setting - replicating a portion of  Lizzie Borden's sitting room. Stay tuned for details as I work on it!  (Why Lizzie Borden? See details on my book, Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter!


A few other bargains I found - $6 was the magic number! This filigree metal shelf was that price, too. 


 Right - Half scale items and a 1" scale bench kit I thought I'd try. And I finally found a wringer washer for my HS Country House porch! (It's a magnet.) Found two in fact! Found a bunch of other bargains too, a couple nice printed rugs, small bread box, some food boxes, etc. 


Those Jester boots are hand-made. The dog is handmade and furred, too.


The club always has the best displays, a separate room just for that. Love looking and getting ideas from other projects! Always leave inspired!



 Interior of a men's shop.


This was different - a shop with African masks. Pretty cool.

Loved this! A wagon - shop with ladies items inside. (sorry the flash whited out the photo.)




Come back tomorrow for more show pix!!!!