Another day as MiniJoyMonth on Instagram unfolds. So fun to have a whole group of miniaturists sharing their work! (Be sure to join in or follow along with host @vintagedollhouseshop and look for the tag #minijoymonth or @minijoymonth2026. * See my Instagram page and friend me at cwrite12. )
*Click photos for full size.
* For this blog, I'll share all my posts on the Day 1 post here.
Today's Prompt:
Something Floral
Miniature flowers can be beautiful, and can be a pain to make sometimes. ha! Theyr'e an acquired taste but they do make a mini house a home!
I like making flower kits and making up flower pots when I can. Some may look more real than others, but I still enjoy the process (most of the time! haa!)
My miniature mum-like flowers I made one year got a blue ribbon at the county fair. (See top photo.) I used to like entering my miniature flowers in the artificial flower category at the fair (no real miniatures category so I fit them where I could.) Then some old crab must've complained and they changed the entry to "silk" artificial flowers. Huh. Then I quit entering for a number of years. Haven't gone back though I saw in the book they changed it back to the original wording. haa! (Entries are low.)
TIP: Here's how I made hollyhocks and sunflowers.
I liked this floral style and found it made a really pretty faux flower by punching out various printed scrapbook papers. I think it takes three different sizes of punches for the layers. I did this one for the Christmas decorating. I'll have to try making one for Halloween.
* Thanks for visiting! Come back tomorrow for more minis! *

