September 10, 2026

MiniJoyMonth 11: Pet Parade




miniature dogs
A couple favorite dogs in a wall-hung cabinet.

 Another day as MiniJoyMonth on Instagram unfolds. So fun to have a whole group of miniaturists sharing their work!  (Be sure to join in or follow along with host @vintagedollhouseshop and look for the tag #minijoymonth2026. * See my Instagram page and friend me at cwrite12. )  

*Click photos for full size. * For this blog, I'll share all my posts on the Day 1 post here.

Today's Prompt: Pet Parade!

Yay, I'm today's host for Day 11 on Instagramcwrite12.  * I"m posting early the night before for everyone to see. If you followed here I'll expand, as I have been doing, on my main photo. * And keep reading for some freebies below! 


This was the perfect prompt for me as I've had pets all my life. We used to have turtle races on the kitchen table with those tiny turtles you used to get at the pet store. Had a parakeet, and of course, had dogs. As a little kid, I used to sneak out of the yard and walk my baby buggy around the block alone, but our faithful dog, Mitzi, always was at my side and made sure I was okay.

seahorses
Real mini seahorses with newborns. Yes, the male carries and births the young.

In later years, I had saltwater fish and the smaller (mini) seahorses. What fun watching the babies born, but they are hard to raise as you had to constantly hatch live brine shrimp for them. (Yes, I still have some of the dried seahorses. Couldn't bear to just throw them away if they died and those also cost a lot to buy!)

I continued to have dogs all my life and lost my German Shepherd Gracie last year. (That's her baby photo on the top logo.) She was the oldest dog we ever had, but she had a lot of problems at the ripe old age of 14 1/2. Still miss her greatly!

I try to put dogs in most of my projects. What's a house, even a mini one, without a dog or pet?

Skellie dog

skeleton dog

  
I love this new statue I got this year. Isn't it cute?  I get a kick out of these and love finding new ones each year. I'll share more of those later. 

And while I am a dog person, I have put cats in a few projects, but not too many! haa!

 ðŸ˜š What pets do you have, real and mini? If you can, feel free to share them here in the comments and/or on Insta!

Note: I put the printies and tip temporarily in a pdf: Click here. 


Some Freebies For You:

dog food bg printie

* Several pages of dog, cat food box printables like the above @Jennifers Printables  (right click to save the printies.)

* Vintage dog art to frame: (public domain, portion, 1911 ad)


How to: 

faux dog bones

** TIP: Make an easy dog bone. Take a 2" long strip of masking tape (or any size you like.) Roll it into a tiny tube, then twist the ends and roll each end into a ball. Play around with sizes and twisting to get it to look how you want. I did these quick but make the ends wrapped sideways tighter. Yes it looks like a miniature rawhide bone! 

* Thanks again for visiting! Come back tomorrow for more minis! *