How'd I miss this? Just saw in author Julie Mulhern's newsletter (sign up and get the link to the prequel, too!) --- there's a sequel coming in December to her delightful 1920s mystery Murder in Manhattan, featuring fashion writer Freddie Archer!! Based on real-life 1920s Atlantic fashion writer Lois Long.
*** Read my review on book 1 & some interesting background on the inspiration and historial tid-bits here.
This was such a fun read! I love this time period and think I'll be doing more reading in this era. I've read a couple others and she had some great suggestions in her recent newsletter. Guess I'll be doing a post on that soon.
The upcoming book, A Crime in Fashion, is on pre-order and releases Dec. 8! (There's a day after birthday present!! My birthday is on Dec. 7!!) * See the publisher site with all sales links.
Ooh, this one sounds good! This time Freddie is investigating the whereabouts of a missing family friend and gets into the sights of mobsters like Dutch Schultz and Lucky Luciano. Bootleggers, Louis Armstrong, and more, this one's set in 1925 and sounds like a rollicking good time as well!!
* Note: Amazon affiliate links may offer some compensation to the blog owner.
