February 17, 2026

Working on Minis! Garage & New Nook Items

Half scale paint

 Lots of cans to make!

Yes, I'm working away, flitting like a bumblebee from project to project. haa!

I don't have it in mind to build the mini garage just yet, but I decided to work on a few accessories. (*Click photos for full size.)

HS garage paint

The spray paint cans worked out well. Simple - cut dowel rods, add upholstery thread to outline the lid, paint, and glue on a label. Regular paint cans: glued on handles made from cloth-covered wire on slightly larger dowel rods.

The table (CastleCrafts) is for the proposed Gothic library project. All painted.

I punched out three layers of 1/8" circles for the top spout on the oil cans. Have to paint the edges silver yet. Will add these to a wall shelf.


And... I gave in. ha! Got the Cutefun/Plaza de Los Muertos Book Nook/Amazon. It's a bit smaller than I thought but it is "cute." I like this one. (website photo)

I hate to admit it took me most of a day to gather the extra accessories to decorate and expand on it. I pulled a box full of possible stuff out to use. Not all will be used of course.

But at least I got one shelf done. haa! On to more today, I hope.



Here's the before and after on the shelf:


I cut the picture off this piece to re-use with a new frame over it. The candle is another dowel rod painted over with Puff Paint for drips. The "vase" is a wood piece cut off something else. I won't re-do all the parts, but I prefer "real" miniatures vs. just punch-out pieces. I'll add more flowers here and there. Just fake flowers I repainted the marigold color. I addded another flower on the end to fill the gap below.

book nook shelf

Now that I had so much stuff out already, getting a second shelf done was much easier. ha!


I like this one. Maybe why I really like this kit is not just the colors, but that it's so "busy."  Perfect for somebody like me who likes lots of stuff in houses and projects.

I replaced the flat picture on the top row with similar "real" items. It didn't seem right having bread there that was only a picture, so made that of Model Magic Clay. The only difference is I left the last flowerpot off as it didn't fit and it would be an even number - decorating rule I picked up somewhere - always group things based in an uneven number. 

The bottom shelf, I liked the images so I decided to use them with some enhancements. I used Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on the candle flames and mixed some Puff paint with acrylic for drips on the candles. I painted some plastic carnation-type flowers and glued them over the drawings. I think it looks better with the dimensional items. You can't really tell, but I also made the tiny faces in the frames dimensional.

This shelf may look a bit strange alone but this is a super busy-looking project. My kind of project and a challenge thinking of "real" things to add in. haa!

That's it for the moment! More to come as I progress.

* Thanks again for visiting. Come back soon for more miniatures. * 


* Affiliate links may provide some compensation to the blogger.