Ready for the Olympics? Going to be some great watching! I love the ice dancing and can't wait for that and other skating events, among other things.
(*Click photos for full size, better view.)
In the meantime, I made some progress in building the half-scale furniture for the planned Gothic library. (If you don't know, half (1/24) scale is 6 inches = 1 foot. Half of 1/12th scale so a 6-foot tall person in real life is 6" in 1/12th and about 3 inches in half-scale.) Things scale down proportionally, but usually cutting a pattern in half; 50% works for funiture and about 60% for printies that aren't "too" tiny. ha!)
Pretty happy with how these turned out. I have some touching up to do and some accessories to add yet, but it's getting there. Actually got all these pieces finished except the fireplace and bookcase at my weekly miniatues day.
I decided to get out the light box, which does allow for much clearer, brighter photos. I still can't get the color tones to show as well, but they're hard to differentiate in the light - copper, brown/black, and black, so far. I'll play around with the light box in future photos as it's pretty easy to set up.
I have to paint the table yet (CastleCrafts) but I think it'll go well with lots of books and items piled on it with one of the chairs behind it. (Other furniture: SDK Miniatures.)
I used the greenish-gold fabric and a rose-purple fabric on the seat of the Victorian sofa. Also finished the Gothic clock kit, also SDK Miniatures.
I'll have to start planning the photo box room next and figure the wallcoverings and paint the flooring. (See post link above.)
Filled the bookcase with assorted books, and of course! Something a little spooky...
The fireplace came out well, too, and maybe I'll use these accessories on the mantel.
So far, so good! I like how this is going, that's half the battle when planning a project.
* Thanks again for visiting! Come back soon for more minis! *