May 26, 2026

Day of the Dead Miniature Nook

 

Day of the Dead Book Nook

While work and finishing up on the half-scale garage is still ongoing, I finally finished the last few steps on the Plaza de Los Muertos  - (Fsolis/Amazon) Day of the Dead (or technically Plaza of the Dead) Book Nook. 

(*Click photos for full size.)

All the colors and the skeleton figures attracted me to this one. I was going to put in some actual skeletons but didn't see where, so I skipped that as the figures they provide are rather cute. But I did add more 3D effects like flowers, pots, and all kinds of skulls on the visible side. 

I had to take some leeway as I couldn't fit the plastic on because of my non-flat additions, so a piece of plastic cut from a binder pocket insert worked well, especially since it is a bit flexible.

I also used a piece of thin acrylic cut from a poster frame front to fit the front of the nook. I've used that plastic before to make cheap dust covers for other dollhouses. 

Day of the Dead interior
A peek inside. I added lots of fake greenery and flowers.

Nook buildings
View of buildings before installation

Dead Nook side
Finished side wall - Thought small flowers and skulls looked better than just pictures

Dead nook inside
Day of Dead book nook interior

Fun project! Now on to.... ?

I did see someone else's project that gave me an idea for something small (half-scale) I'd set aside that will be a good in-between project. Slightly spooky! (Of course!) Stay tuned for a preview!

*Thanks again for visiting. Come back soon for more projects!*


(*Note: Amazon affiliate link may provide some compensation to blog owner.)