My favorite time of year and there's so much tempting Halloween stuff showing up!
Michael's has a cute array of dollhouse items, the Ashland Miniatures (nice mini spooky paintings and a ghost cake The cake is actually cute. I'll have to try to get that.) I love these colored cafe table sets. Close to half-scale size; I have a yellow one but I had to go get the orange set I've admired for a while. (See on left side of porch below.) Also got a summery blue/pink set in clearance.)
Then I saw this really different skeleton girl and dog figure (left, 2.5" h.) Hadn't seen it online and just had to bring it home for one of the houses. The look of devotion says it all. Isn't it sweet? (Click photos for full size.)
Also got this other dog figure and skeleton owl. Cute though the dog is more 1" scale (1.75" h.) But I liked it as I try to get a new skellie dog when I can. It can go in the roombox I decorate for holidays.
This got me in a Halloween mood, so I decided to do an early Halloween decorating of the front of the Lavender Cottage.
| Here's the front of the stairs. Lots of pumpkins! |
| Looks like a party's going on! Even the musicians showed up! |
| The porch is perfect for some nighttime music! |
| Can you hear it? |
Moving along slowly, but I'm working on the new bed for the house, the start of the redecorating project. That's part of the crazy idea I had to re-do the house. See last post. Do you ever totally re-do your house once it's finished?
Well, I never really re-do my houses, but summer's about over, so maybe I'll change the way the Lavender Cottage is now set up as more of a summer cottage. I can always put it back later if I want.
That means changing the rooms. The first floor kitchen and counter/island would stay. (see photos at above link). I'd take out the sitting area on the right side and put in a big dining room table and dining room. I have another Gothic table set (SDK Miniatures) and will probably add a dining cabinet or hutch. I want to set the table - but also have a pumpkin carving scene there. Maybe I'll add long curtains on the windows, too.
2nd floor - I'd take out the double beds and bookshelves, and make a bigger living room and a library/reading space on the right side, maybe with a craft work table and/or art area. My friend went to the library to try out quilling, so I'm going to try the idea of rolling paper strips for tiny jars for paints and other supplies. You then print out a label and punch out a circle for a top. Easy, cheap way to do lots of jars and containers! I found a box of quilling paper and the needle tool at Goodwill.
3rd floor attic with bed: take out ping-pong table, put in larger bed and dresser for a regular bedroom.
Here's another bed I made before. I re-dressed the bed (made of foam core) that's in my Fairfield bedroom.
(My favorite bed and colors (I just love that swirly fabric on the bed and the coordinating fabric for the curtains) is still the main orange bedroom in my Fairfield house. See page for other room photos.) I'd like to try multiple colors on a new bed.
I'm thinking of maybe making new long curtains and adding some Halloween decor for now in the Lavender Cottage. This will require some planning as it's a bit like doing a new house without doing the whole thing over.
Why, since I already have projects going? Well...now that I have the idea, it'll stick in my head until I do it. That's how that works. ha!
I'll add a couple other posts soon.
* Thanks again for visiting! Come back soon for more minis, update, and other stuff! *
