Pages

September 17, 2026

MiniJoyMonth 17: My Happy Miniature Place

 

Fairfield dollhouse bedroom
A favorite: adding a spooky theme to my half-scale Fairfield House bedroom

Another day as MiniJoyMonth on Instagram unfolds. So fun to have a whole group of miniaturists sharing their work!  (Be sure to join in or follow along with host @vintagedollhouseshop and look for the tag #minijoymonth2026. * See my Instagram page and friend me at cwrite12. )  

*Click photos for full size.

* For this blog, I'll share all my posts on the Day 1 post here.

Today's Prompt: My Happy Place

Fairfield dollhouse bedroom
Other side of the Fairfield House bedroom. I love the bed fabric. It all started with the Dragon wallpaper.

I'll have to say my "happy place," is decorating the dollhouses and rooms. Yes, I enjoy building kits and building houses, though not all the aspects, but my favorite is the planning and the decorating. I love tying a theme and colors all together!

girl's dollhouse bedroom

Another of the bedrooms in the half-scale Fairfield house. I wanted to add a slight circus theme to the girl's bedroom, a la Addams family! I love the old circus sideshow posters and vintage furnishings. The bed is a painted Tootsietoy piece. See more photos here. 

* Thanks again for visiting. Come back tomorrow for more minis! *