May 07, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project: Lucky 13 Planning!


Ta-Dah! Today is the Lucky 13th Day for the #Paris #Miniature Project Blog!


The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi Nephew's Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. 
(Click photo in left column to go to Day 1 or here - Day 1  - See last entry Day 12.)
 * Don't forget you can put your email in the subscribe to updates box under the Paris photo in left column also to let you know when a new post goes up.
 Today also is Teacher’s Appreciation Day, so if you are a teacher, Thank You! I still fondly remember some of my teachers who made a big impact on me. 

Speaking of teachers, a great teacher was my Oma (grandmother) who taught me so many wonderful things during the summers I went to visit her in Germany. It’s because of her that I learned my numbers, colors, and even read a few words in German before first grade, which made it easier to learn English. It’s because of Oma, that I love to sew and do crafts.  She taught me to make something out of nothing.

Well, today I am just going to talk about my next plans for the Paris Project.  I am in my final week (of eight week courses) - and this course has --five-- assignments due this Friday (as opposed to Sundays). So, needless to say, I have to make it my priority. ☹

The courses are for the master’s in teaching Secondary Education as I want to teach middle school and high school students. It’s my second career after being in business/project management over 30 years, and quite honestly, less stressful, less hours, and less corporate junk (if you get my meaning).


So, onto the Paris Project plans. After these "lovely" assignments are completed, I want to finish putting on Kilz (primer) on the fourth walls (and all the floor) , then I can glue the wedge to make a flat roof (as the original kit has an angled roof). Then I can wallpaper that floor.


Next, I want to age the glass roof and put the “glass” (sheet plastic) in. (See previous post comments on Day 12 (link at top) if you have questions about the ideas for that process.) Then I can put together the first floor, but I need to figure out the color trim and base. I plan on having the outside walls stuccoed to make it look a little older. In keeping with my vow to use what I have on hand, I'll next be pulling out possible paint colors.  Hopefully by Friday, I hope to ask you,  the readers and followers, for your input to the color combination.  Chris will be posting pics for me to have you vote and decide what looks best.

Well, onto the homework pile.  Until the next time… Happy Creating!--Gigi