April 09, 2016

#AtoZ 2016 - H is for Half Scale Miniatures

Today is the Letter H - for the 7th annual A to Z Blog Challenge in April! 

Check out the 1000+ blogs on the list!  If you like books, etc., I'm also doing the same on my GirlZombieAuthors blog. I may even share a spooky mini or two there!

I love working in half scale (1/24 scale - 1/2 inch = 1 foot). The best part is the annual anniversary swap by members of the Half Scale Yahoo Group. I've been in it at least 7-8 years, I think. This year there were over 30 members. There have been over 60 members in the past.  It always amazes what people make. I have a box full of items to use in my dollhouse projects and get ideas for things to try making myself, too.

Here are the items I got in this year's swap:



Yes those are eyeglasses above!


Was thrilled to get a computer model! I'm going to try making a white wood with a wood case. The tiny dotted bead is a crock pot!


The white straw sewing basket even has teensy sewing items!


I made the glitter picture, cookbook and newspaper (which has my real story and photo on top, even if you can't read it. ha!)