April 06, 2016

#AtoZ 2016 - E for Everything #Miniature!

Today is the Letter E for the 7th annual A to Z Blog Challenge in April! 

Check out the 1000+ blogs on the list!  If you like books, etc., I'm also doing the same on my GirlZombieAuthors blog. I may even share a spooky mini or two there!


Today I'm talking Everything Mini...

I used to draw and do other crafts like cross-stitch, but I've since concentrated all my crafting efforts on miniatures and dollhouses. This still allows me to make a variety of things or try different crafts.

I've cross-stitched and made Bunka rugs... I've made fabric curtains... I've made different accessories.  I'm a DIYer - I like making things or trying to. And yes, I buy stuff I like or realize I don't have to make! See some of my projects at my website or look through this blog, too. 

The trick is making it look real enough, or making it so I'm happy with how it looks. Sometimes we can be too picky with ourselves. Yes, there are a few mistakes sometimes, that I hope aren't glaring (only to me, you know how that works.)

For fun and as my profession, I also like to write. I do nonfiction -- newspaper and magazine articles -- as my main job. I write fiction as another creative outlet.

A little hint: I will have another mini mystery story coming out soon featuring my Girl Zombie book character, Becca. This time she's helping solve a murder --- and it has miniatures in it! Some may also recognize a friend's project in the story. Stay tuned for more details soon!! Sooner than you think!

** CONTEST: Please sign up for my sporadic newsletter on my website

* Sign up and get your name entered to win a Kindle copy of my first miniatures book, IN MINIATURE STYLE or a PDF of my second expanded version, IN MINIATURE STYLE II.   See minis page for all links.  Comment here that you signed up - be sure to leave an email to contact you.