October 01, 2010

Writing when Hungry? Food in Searching for a Starry Night and the Killer Valentine Ball

I'm not sure if it's a matter of writing when hungry, (like shopping when hungry? Don't do it!) but food seems to appear quite a few times in many of my stories and books.

Even funnier, I just noticed the connection via a group of my favorite quotes from Searching for a Starry Night, A Miniature Art Mystery.

In the book, friends Sam and Lita eat favorites like ice cream (several times!), but they also enjoy other favorites like iced tea, lemonade, cookies and turkey sandwiches. (Read chapter 1 and see reviews at link.)


Memorable Quotes:

Lita: “Butter cookies. Any cookies, really. That always does it for me.”

Sam: “He (Petey) looked like a hot dog without the bun.”

Petey the Dachshund: “Woof!”

Buy:
* Print
* KINDLE
* B&N eBook
* KOBO: Smartphone, Tablet, Ereader
* Sony Reader

** Got any food favorites in your own stories or books you like to read? **


In the new ebook, The Killer Valentine Ball, Jess attends what sounds like a fun Valentine's Ball - at first... They have drinks... the tables are fully set, but not how you'd expect...

Just in time for Halloween!

A party at a day camp; a blind date on Valentine's Day. Can you say loser? But this is no ordinary party...

The Killer Valentine Ball has more thrills than Jess ever expected--or will ever forget. (You've got to read it for the surprise ending!)

Excerpt:

As they walked into the shadows, Jess noticed that things weren't quite as they appeared. Sections of the room lightened for a moment before being cast again in deep shadow. What Jess thought she saw in that split second made her heart race...

Read more & Buy: The Killer Valentine Ball

** Also available on Kindle. Buy:

1 comment:

Enid Wilson said...

I love food but I haven't featured food in my story a lot. So far I've only written a story called Chocolate Indulgent.

My Darcy Mutates…